Howdy!

I am a Twin Cities Modern Quilter, Crafter, and a Mama. Please enjoy my blog!

Followers

Completed Fair Quilt

I finished the quilt for the fair yesterday.  I am more or less happy with this.  I did a bunch of techniques I had never done before, like making hexis and some free-motion loops and such, so in that regard, I feel good.  Samplers are all about sampling new things, right?  I'm glad I didn't go safe, but I feel like this isn't super reflective of the amount of time and work I put into it.  That's okay.  I have no expectations for the actual competition part of it.  I just wanted to make it. 

2 Responses to Completed Fair Quilt

  1. Cathie says:

    I like this a lot. It is a good sampler with a nice modern look. How did it do in the fair? Is it a county fair, state fair? How many entries are put in usually? Our county has only 4-H exhibits, no open class. For the state fair, the open classes pay a premium of maybe $15? and it costs quite a bit to ship and pay return shipping, so the entries are really dwindling. I've never entered in it. I think that many quilters who like to show their work are more interested in supporting their local quilt group shows.

    I enjoyed seeing this, and your other blog posts are nice, too.

  2. jody says:

    Thank you, Cathie! I got 5th place in the MN state fair. No entry fees and the first 4 places did receive a cash prize (a small one). They only do drop off, no shipping, though they have a very small window of time in which you need to drop it off and pick it up there, which included awful parking and long lines. The thing that bothered me was that I never found out how many other entries were in my category. There were so, so many different categories in the overall quilting competitions...I want to say somewhere close to 40 different lots you could compete in, so there were LOTS of quilts and other sewing projects on display. It was a fun experience, but I am not sure I will repeat it :-)

Leave a Reply